Media Development Center
The Media Development Center, Sofia (MDC) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization.
MDC is established in 1998 to promote independent media in Bulgaria and to foster capacity-building of the media by encouraging good practice in journalism, stimulating the professional ethics, institutionalizing the dialogue among the state administration, the media and the NGO sector, and to boost the networking and cross-border cooperation in the region of Southeast Europe, Southern Caucasus and Central Asia.
The Media Development Center is financed by various national and international projects, own activities and donations.
Media professionals and civil society organizations in Bulgaria, South East Europe, Western Europe, Southern Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan), Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan) and Mongolia
The Center works on national, regional and international level in the following areas:
- Education and training for media professionals and journalism students
- Support for the development of the free media market
- Support for the development of the state administration capacity
- Development and implementing media projects in Bulgaria and abroad
- Research, consultancy and information services on media and for the media
- Publication of media-related books and training materials
- Media campaigns, promoting events; conferences, round-tables, discussions